If you could see the 6 page minute by minute instructions I created for my 'wedding helpers'; the itinerary cards I made for each of the ushers and bridesmaids and the pocket list of jobs the Head Bridesmaid and Best Man had, you will see why everything went smoothly on the day - without a single hitch! Because we did literally everything ourselves, nothing would happen unless we factored it in to the day. It was very important that we considered every eventuality: What would happen if it rained? What about if the ice-cream van didn't turn up? Who would ring the fish and chips and see why they were late? These are all questions (and more) that floated around in my head for months on end, causing me stress and anxiety and made me wonder whether DIY was for me! I was not working full time at the time, so I have no idea how I would have organised it to such refined precision if I was.
Stop worrying now. Stop considering whether DIY is the way to go. I'll do it for you! I'll stress and worry. I'll call suppliers over and over again and 'double check' everything is organised. I'll boss the wedding party around and give them each a job!
Let me do it and save your hair!
We can help you with the following:
- Planning your entire homemade DIY wedding day, minute by minute
- Finding the perfect venue (there are lots of beautiful places and venues in Essex that would lend themselves to a unique and DIY wedding - just ask us for our help and we'll be able to make your day as special as ours.)
- Sourcing and supplying urns, tables, chairs, cushions
- Vintage tea cups and saucers (lovingly collected for our own wedding afternoon tea)
- Homemade 3 tier cake stands (made from vintage plates)
- Tea pots (vintage, floral and practical)
- Vintage cutlery (knives, forks, cake forks, teaspoons - you name it!)
- Homemade bunting (in your choice of theme/colours)
- Homemade 'happy tears' hankies
- Homemade tablecloths and napkins (personalised and as you like)
- Homemade scones for a unique afternoon tea wedding breakfast
- Unique and pretty homemade wedding favours
- Lashings of Cornish clotted cream
- Natural and stunning bridal bouquets
- Unique and special bridesmaid bouquets and flowers balls
- Wedding center pieces and table decorations
- Church flowers
- Bridal accessories (headbands, bows, flowers)
- Decorating your venues (church) with fairy lights, flowers, candles, lanterns
- Homemade wooden signs (directing guests from ceremony to reception venue)
- Hand drawn wedding invitations
- Custom made wedding websites (including iphone app and photo accounts)
- Homemade seating and table plans
- Serving drinks, teas, food
- Washing up, cleaning
- Moving furniture
- Fabulous wedding cakes (personalised with photos)
- Custom made wedding cocktails (served in jam jars if you wish!)
As you can see - there's not much we can't help you with, so let us do it! We love it!
Have you planned your entire day already and are just looking for 1 or 2 ladies to come and help serving tea or coffee, waitress, wash up or just generally tidy! We had Louise and Jean at our wedding doing just this and the day just would not have possible without them. There is only so much you get your guests to serve themselves. There needs to be people in the background helping out with the 'logistics of the day.
Hiring waiters and waitresses online over the internet is VERY expensive - and who knows who you will get in your house, around all of your personal things and guests on your special day?!
If you use us, you'll obviously get to meet us before the bid day and we can have a complete run through of the day to check that everything will run smoothly. We can make the day's itinerary, or you can just tell us where you want us and when. We're very flexible and are just here to make sure YOUR wedding is what YOU want.
If you're looking for some strong men to assist with moving heavy furniture, put marquees up - then we know just the blokes!