I recently married the man of my dreams near Southend in Essex and we created the most personal wedding day by having our wedding celebrations at our own home.
After the ceremony in the local church in Rochford, Essex our guests arrived at our house for an afternoon tea in the garden (all homemade!), a fish and chip dinner under the stars and dancing in the moonlight in our marquee.
The day was perfect and took a hell of a lot of organising, but I absolutely loved it and would love to assist anyone else who is dreaming of a similar wedding in and around Essex.
It all started after we visited hundreds of pre-prescribed venues and didn't want the 'chicken set menu' and just wanted to do it our way.
Don't worry if you do not have the facilities at your Essex home/garden to accommodate a similar reception.... you can easily hire a church hall, function suite etc and create the same ambiance and DIY feel - whether or not you actually 'Do it Yourself' or get me to do it!!!!
Looking for wedding stationery? We make wedding invitations, save the tag luggage tags, RSVP postcards, table plan luggage tags, placecards, gift tags and orders of service booklets for Church of England Weddings, Catholic Weddings and Civil Ceremonies using rustic brown recycled manilla card. Find out more!
We can help you with the following:
- Planning your entire homemade DIY wedding day, minute by minute
- Finding the perfect venue (there are lots of beautiful places and venues in Essex that would lend themselves to a unique and DIY wedding - just ask us for our help and we'll be able to make your day as special as ours.)
- Sourcing and supplying urns, tables, chairs, cushions
- Vintage tea cups and saucers (lovingly collected for our own wedding afternoon tea)
- Homemade 3 tier cake stands (made from vintage plates)
- Tea pots (vintage, floral and practical)
- Vintage cutlery (knives, forks, cake forks, teaspoons - you name it!)
- Homemade bunting (in your choice of theme/colours)
- Homemade 'happy tears' hankies
- Homemade tablecloths and napkins (personalised and as you like)
- Homemade scones for a unique afternoon tea wedding breakfast
- Unique and pretty homemade wedding favours
- Lashings of Cornish clotted cream
- Natural and stunning bridal bouquets
- Unique and special bridesmaid bouquets and flowers balls
- Wedding center pieces and table decorations
- Church flowers
- Bridal accessories (headbands, bows, flowers)
- Decorating your venues (church) with fairy lights, flowers, candles, lanterns
- Homemade wooden signs (directing guests from ceremony to reception venue)
- Hand drawn wedding invitations
- Custom made wedding websites (including iphone app and photo accounts)
- Homemade seating and table plans
- Fabulous wedding cakes (personalised with photos)
- Custom made wedding cocktails (served in jam jars if you wish!)
As you can see - there's not much we can't help you with, so let us do it! We love it!